Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THE Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe





This recipe makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookie I have ever tasted, let alone baked on my own. I've tried dozens of recipes for chocolate chip cookies, each claiming to be the best one ~ in my opinion the NM signature chocolate chip recipe is the best so far. Something about this cookie is just so chocolately good - I think the addition of instant espresso powder* is the key to these cookies tasting so exceptionally melted-chocolate-finger-licking good...Medaglia D'Oro makes my favorite espresso powder for baking and you can find it at most supermarkets. Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) often uses espresso powder in her recipes to intensify the chocolate flavor, and her chocolate recipes have turned out quite well in my experience.

Whatever it is, this cookie recipe actually bakes up to all the hype, and it's one of the few chocolate chip cookie recipes I've tried that results in perfectly shaped cookies (not too flat and spread out), nice and crispy on the outside and tender inside (reduce time by 2 minutes if you want more chewy ones), and a really intense chocolate flavor.

Here is the recipe for Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Bon appetit!

* I would not recommend using regular ground coffee, instant espresso powder has the concentrated flavor and fine ground that blends well into baked goods.


No comments:

Post a Comment